[Samba] Samba AD - "No logon servers available"

L A Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Thu Dec 29 22:58:42 UTC 2016

Marc Muehlfeld via samba wrote:
> Hello Bruno,
>
> Am 29.12.2016 um 17:01 schrieb Bruno Miguel Martins via samba:
>
>> I've migrated from Samba NT4 to Samba AD, joined other Windows
>> DC's to the domain and then demoted my Samba DC.
>>
>> I am not being able to login from client computers with the
>> error stated on the subject. I've tried everything, from making
>> sure replication is OK, client DNS configuration also.
>> Registry modifications from prior Samba NT4 domain were
>> reverted in the client.
>>
>> Are there any hints on what to do next?
>>

> You're only having Windows DCs left?

----
    That might be the case -- but they seemed to have been there
before.  What seems to be the case is that he replaced his old
Samba NT4-DC with Samba AD.  The windows DC's seemed to join to
the Samba AD "ok", but "clients" (win or lin, or whatever) are
complaining about not being able to find any login servers.

    *AT least*, that's how I read it.  Sounds like the
WinDC's might have served as login servers under the Samba-NT4-DC,
but that's no longer working w/the new Samba AD.

    I don't think he's replacing any Samba machines w/Win machines
from what I read, but then I could be totally misreading it --
I have before! ;-)

> May I ask why you migrated from Samba AD to Windows?

---
    Not sure that's what he did...but maybe he'll clarify?...