[Samba] session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

Piotr zaxonxp45 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 18:53:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have some samba setup on one of my Debian 8 machine. Everything looks
fine as I can connect to the shares from the Android tablet and from
Windows machine. However when I try to connect from other Debian
machines I am getting the following error:

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

Here is my smb.conf file content:

[global]
client use spnego = no
client ntlmv2 auth = no
workgroup = WORKGROUP
netbios name = server
map to guest = Bad User
passdb backend = smbpasswd
name resolve order = bcast lmhosts host wins
domain master = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 255
dns proxy = no
wins support = yes
remote announce = 192.168.2.255
server string = Samba server %v
log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
max log size = 1000
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
hosts allow = 127. 192.168.2. 192.168.4.
interfaces = 127.0.0.1/8 192.168.2.0/50 192.168.4.0/50

[Downloads]
path = /home/smbuser/Downloads
browsable = yes
read only = no
valid users = smbuser
create mask = 0755
directory mask = 0777

Obviously I have something too much set up or some option missing. I
exclude the possibility of the firewall as the other machines are able
to connect (Android, Windows). All except the Debians.

How should I debug this and what could be wrongly set up?

Kind regards,
Piotr