[Samba] AD DC as KVM guest on file server host?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:49:27 UTC 2016

I would think running both your DC's as VM's would be a good idea -
makes it easier to backup the VM's in to protect against failure of the
physical host(s).  Whether or not a DC is physical or virtual, you will
still have the same client dependency issues.

The thing to avoid would be having the KVM host machine double as
anything else-  you want to keep the host layer as stable as possible.

I haven't used KVM.  I have used VMware ESXi and Xen, so my observations
may not apply to KVM.