[Samba] Error with samba update in debian.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Dec 28 15:12:20 UTC 2016

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 15:40:34 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> About the :
>
> > ERROR: Negotiate Authentication validating user. Result: {result=BH,
>
> > notes={message: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL * NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL; }}
>

> I suspect the pc you trying with is not domain joined?
>
> Or you using user at REALM
>
> Can you add ?-d?  to the auth line of squid and try again and post
> that log.
>
> ( -d = enable debugging )
>

> Now what i dont know.
>
> A samba DC reported with wbinfo ?u : DOMAIN\user

Yes, the DC uses the DOMAIN as part of the username and you cannot turn
it off.

> I have in my samba member ( and this is a member only setting )
> winbind enum users  = yes

You can also use this line on a DC.

> So when i wbinfo ?u i see only the usernames.

You will also have this line in your domain members smb.conf:

    winbind use default domain = yes

The default is no (i.e. same as a DC)

So, if squid insists on just the username without the DOMAIN, it is (in
my opinion) badly broken and they need to fix it.

Rowland