[Samba] Error with samba update in debian.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 28 14:40:34 UTC 2016

About the :

> ERROR: Negotiate Authentication validating user. Result: {result=BH,

> notes={message: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL * NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL; }}

I suspect the pc you trying with is not domain joined?

Or you using user at REALM

Can you add ?-d?  to the auth line of squid and try again and post that log.

( -d = enable debugging )

Now what i dont know.

A samba DC reported with wbinfo ?u : DOMAIN\user

I have in my samba member ( and this is a member only setting ) winbind enum users  = yes

So when i wbinfo ?u i see only the usernames.

In the second link, a snap from some text.

/snap

You may need to use a Basic auth helper that allows stripping the

@DOMAIN part off the credentials received. I think some systems send the

user at DOMAIN in Basic with the machine name as DOMAIN. That wont work

against any real DC server.

/snap-off

This can be a problem, but im not sure about that, thats more a squid list question.

And remove : map to guest = bad user in smb.conf

If needed you can add it later on, first detect whats going wrong.

Now, i had the same problem.  My question to the squid list. Starts here :

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2015-August/005025.html

And my last question.

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2015-August/005033.html

Read throug it, i can help you... Amos explains better then me.

Beware, debian testing can break easy, especialy before the freeze so know what your doing.

And do remember debian testing does NOT get security updates quick.

Debian Testing is last to get them.

I hope this helps you bit more.

Greetz,

Louis