[Samba] AD DC as KVM guest on file server host?

Miguel Medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Mon Dec 26 14:57:32 UTC 2016

I have a setup here consisting of two Samba 4.5.x AD DCs and a Samba 4.5.x File Server.

I need to free the physical machine running one of the AD DCs for another purpose. I thought of creating a KVM Virtual Machine running that DC as a guest to the file server, which has more than enough hardware resources for that. In sum, the file server would keep running as it is, as a physical machine, with the additional role of serving as a host to a VM running the AD DC.

Does anyone here see any problem or disadvantage with such a setup?

Thank you