[Samba] PAM validation ...

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Dec 22 21:15:08 UTC 2016

Am 22.12.2016 um 21:30 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> please, oh please, why do the machine acounts fail:
>
> [2016/12/22 21:06:48.172161,  0]
> ../source3/auth/pampass.c:797(smb_pam_accountcheck)
>   smb_pam_accountcheck: PAM: Account Validation Failed - Rejecting User
> xyz-pc$!
>
> pdbedit -L for that machine account shows that the password changed some
> days ago:
>
> Password last set:    Mon, 19 Dez 2016 14:11:20 CET

additional info:

Debian 8.6, uptodate.
Samba version 4.2.14-Debian

The machine acounts are in /etc/passwd, yes.

I restarted smbd and nmbd and was able to access shares via smbclient.
I hope that the users can access shares as well tomorrow morning.

Today they worked ok, I just checked logs related to some issue around
write-permissions on a share and found the messages with the PAM issue).