[Samba] ldaps:// referrals from DC

Davide Principi davide.principi at nethesis.it
Tue Dec 20 17:12:43 UTC 2016

Hi Marc,

thank you for your quick response!

On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 17:44 +0100, Marc Muehlfeld via samba wrote:

> I haven't tried it, but what is wrong with STARTTLS?

Nothing is wrong with STARTTLS (if the client supports it)! In my case
I disabled referrals chasing in roundcube, as workaround.

The reason I ask here is: MS DC gives a different response, and looks
more client-friendly than the Samba DC one.

Should the Samba DC return "ldaps://" scheme in referral, too?

As said, I'm not an LDAP expert and don't know what is the correct
referral URI.

--
Davide Principi

#davidep | @davideprincipi