[Samba] samba 4.5.0 on hpux ia64: smbd not able to use domain users for file sharing

Arjit Gupta arjitk.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:43:28 UTC 2016

Hi ,

Below is the content of smb.conf file for ADS member.

[global]
       password server = WIN2008.CIFSDOM.COM

       client ldap sasl wrapping = plain
       security = ADS
       workgroup = CIFSDOM
       realm = CIFSDOM.COM

       guest account = smbnull

       log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
       log level = 10

# Default idmap config used for BUILTIN and local accounts/groups
       idmap config *:backend = tdb
       idmap config *:range = 2000-9999

       # Use template settings for login shell and home directory
       winbind nss info = template
       template shell = /sbin/false
       template homedir = /home/%U

       winbind enum users = yes