[Samba] GPO Security Filtering "Access Denied"

Miguel Medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Mon Dec 19 23:36:09 UTC 2016

>> I think the ACL list on XFS (installed with Centos7) is too large and it
>> can't store the additional ACLs. Hopefully that is it, and even if it
>> isn't, thanks chaps for letting me think aloud, it often helps to bounce
>> ideas off others to eliminate other possible issues.

>> Sadly this probably means a reformat... grrr.

Isn't that a bit too drastic? I have two DCs here, both working on XFS, one with CentOS 6 and the other with CentOS 7. I have lots of GPOs and complex ACLs and never found a limit with ACLs.

If I remember correctly, XFS can accommodate 64kB of Extended Attributes.

Did you try "samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset" ?

As I told you before, I once met the same problem you now have and I was able to solve it, I don't exactly remember how but I think it was related to the issue I referred to in previous posts.