[Samba] winbind joining NT4-style domain - two strange issues

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:28:18 UTC 2016

I find "getent passwd" sometimes does not list all my network users
(e.g. from ldap or winbind) BUT "getent passwd someusername"  does
work.       This seems to be more on solaris than linux.

Sssd caching could be factor in getent passwd searches tho it should not
directly affect winbindd.

The "wbinfo -i YOURDOMAIN\someusername"  should show if an uidNumber has
been allocated for that user.

You may also need to delete the winbind or idmap cache files (tdb) in
the locks directory after making a change.