[Samba] Change AD DC IP address

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Dec 18 16:05:16 UTC 2016

Hi Mike,

Am 25.11.2016 um 11:12 schrieb Mike Lykov via samba:
> I have an AD domain with two DC. I will need to join third DC to
> existing domain and then change it ip address. I found thos page on wiki:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Change_IP_address_of_an_Samba_AD_DC
>
> Have somebody a real exprerience with this?
>
> Other clients and servers rely only on dns records, what records?
> (which list of records I may check to test that it all points to new
> address?)

I know your request is meanwhile 3 weeks old :-). However, nobody
replied yet.

Today I finally had time to review and rewrite:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Changing_the_IP_Address_of_a_Samba_AD_DC

The previous content was outdated, ambiguous, some of the steps were no
longer working or not necessary on a recent Samba version, and a lot of
details and steps were missing in certain scenarios.

I verified the new procedure in my test environment (Samba 4.5.2, Win 8.1).

Let me know if something is unclear, missing, or incorrect.

Regards,
Marc