[Samba] Redhat Dependencies

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Thu Dec 15 19:34:06 UTC 2016

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, Reindl Harald via samba wrote:

>>  There is only one EPEL repo, but what does vary between CentOS and
>>  Redhat is the installation method for EPEL:
>>
>>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL#How_can_I_use_these_extra_packages.3F
>
> really?
>
> you install "epel-release-7-8.noarch" if it is by yum or rpm evrywhere and
> you are done
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL#How_can_I_use_these_extra_packages.3F

Did you read the URL that we both pasted?

NOTE for RHN users
You need to also enable the 'optional' repository to use EPEL packages as
they depend on packages in that repository. This can be done by enabling
the RHEL optional subchannel for RHN-Classic. For certificate-based
subscriptions see Red Hat Subscription Management Guide. For EPEL 7, in
addition to the 'optional' repository (rhel-7-server-optional-rpms), you
also need to enable the 'extras' repository (rhel-7-server-extras-rpms).

NOTE for CentOS users
You can install EPEL by running yum install epel-release. The package is
included in the CentOS Extras repository, enabled by default.