[Samba] Redhat Dependencies

Vinicius Lehmann viniciuslehmann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:42:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

Execute* yum install epel-release* and after install packages missing.

I installed samba 4 today on CentOS 7 and in officials reps don't have the
packages perl-Test-Base and others. Sorry for my english. I don't write
very well.

> Am 15.12.2016 um 19:21 schrieb Dale Renton via samba:
>
>> For CentOS 7 I install these packages before building Samba 4.5.1 from
>> source
>>
>> # yum install chrony gcc perl python-devel gnutls-devel libacl-devel
>> openldap-devel bind bind-utils krb5-workstation gpgme-devel python2-gnupg
>>

> but you need https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL as virtually everybody
> out there because otherwise the packages from the OP are not available
>
> some guys may call me a troll, that won't change the fact that witout EPEL
> you are limited to what RHEL gives you and with EPEL you have no pint to
> ask your RHEL support contract about anything outside the distribution
>
> 1. No package perl-Parse-Yapp available.
> 2. No package perl-Test-Base available.
> 3. No package python-crypto available.
>
> --

Vinicius da Silva Lehmann
*Analista de TI - City10*
*MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional*