[Samba] Samba on Debian 8: ADS domain questions

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Dec 14 17:42:23 UTC 2016

Am 2016-12-14 um 14:55 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> You miss read mathias ;-)
>

>> This can be solved very easily booting VMs in the right order and possibly adding latency between VMs launches.
>
> The Guest DC is on fysical server where the member is also.
>

> How are you going to boot the GUEST os before the HOST os, on the same server.
>
> This cant be done..
>

> Or did i miss read the question..

No, you understood correctly.
It would maybe be solvable by delaying the start of the member server
(on the HOST) after the DC is up ... but that seems too uncertain to me.

I tend to:

physical backup server (debian) runs samba AD DC

physical file server (gentoo) runs samba member server

No virtualization involved.

*maybe* add a second DC in a VM later (?)