[Samba] Netlogon stoped working

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Dec 14 13:34:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 18:06 +0100, Marc Muehlfeld via samba wrote:
> Hello Joël,
> I use Samba 4.4.7 on a Debian testing with bind9.9.5_DLZ.
> > I have a DC and a test-station windows7.
> > The execution of the login.bat was working fine and it stopped
> > working suddently.
> Is it not executed when a user logs in or can't you execute the file
> by double-clicking?

NETLOGON using ".bat" (batch) files is problematic - converting the
logon scripts to ".vbs" (visual basic script) is recommended.  There
are security toggles that will prevent the workstation from running a
BAT file on a network share - while VBS scripts will work.

When this happened to me I spent a lot of time chasing the server side
- when it was a client side thing that just happen to bite when the
server upgrade was performed.

--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010