[Samba] Redhat Dependencies

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Dec 13 21:09:22 UTC 2016

Am 13.12.2016 um 21:58 schrieb Kris Lou via samba:
> "python-crypto" looks like it's also in EPEL.
>
> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/rpmphp/zoom.php?rpm=python-crypto

looks so, "yum" is just too dumb to find it when the binary rpm is just
called "python2-crypto" and "yum install python-crypto" would have found it

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=3575

so the OP seems to be very new in Redhat land or why don#t he setup the
EPEL repo straight after basic install as virtually everybody else

anyways:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Dependencies_Required_to_Build_Samba#Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_.2F_CentOS_.2F_Scientific_Linux
don't mention the repo because it's obviously written in RHEL6 times

and no, Rowland, this is nothing for the RHEL support contract because
by adding software from 3rd party repos you are way out of support - period