[Samba] Doubt about Global Catalog on Samba 4

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Dec 12 19:29:12 UTC 2016

> You seem to be missing two FSMO roles:
> DomainDnsZonesMasterRole
> ForestDnsZonesMasterRole
> Just what version of Samba are you using ?

My Samba 4.5.2 domain also appears to be missing these roles.

Can I simply seize these roles?

[root at larkin27 ~]# samba-tool fsmo show
SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=TEMP2008R2DC,CN=Servers,..
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=LARKIN27,...
RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=LARKIN27,...
PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=LARKIN27,,...
DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=LARKIN27,...
DomainDnsZonesMasterRole has no current owner
ForestDnsZonesMasterRole has no current owner

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383