[Samba] How to join join Ubuntu desktop to AD

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sun Dec 11 13:59:26 UTC 2016

On 10/12/2016 16:25, Brian Candler wrote:
> I think there's plenty of emphasis now, but I think there is a part
> which is misleading:
>
> > To enable Samba to retrieve user and group information from Active
> Directory (AD):
> >
> > * Users must have at least the uidNumber and groups the gidNumber
> attribute set.

I'm so sorry: I misread this as "Users must have at least the uidNumber
and gidNumber attribute set", which is of course *not* what it says.
Hence the text is accurate (if you read it correctly); it's my brain
which is at fault.

I do still think that the alternative text I gave is clearer - for my
brain anyway :-)

Regards,

Brian.