[Samba] AD accounts not available to OS

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Sat Dec 10 02:00:53 UTC 2016

Hey guys,

I'm setting up a Samba 4 AD DC server on Debian 8 (see pkg list below).

Things are working relatively well except that I'm concerned that the
domain accounts are not available to the OS. ie  getent group "Domain
Admins" returns nothing.

I've implemented roaming profiles which is working very well but redirected
folders are not and I'm thinking it's a permissions issue relating back to
the OS not seeing the domain users/groups.

I'm a long time Samba NT domain admin but this is my first brush with Samba
as a true AD DC. I do also have extensive knowledge of Windows AD DC's from
back in the day.

samba 2:4.2.10+dfsg-0+deb8u
winbind 2:4.2.10+dfsg-0+deb8u
Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2
Whatever other pkg info is required just ask.

Thanks in advance!
--
Regards,
Phil