[Samba] How to join join Ubuntu desktop to AD

Kevin Davidson kevin at indigospring.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 15:23:24 UTC 2016

> On 9 Dec 2016, at 14:26, lingpanda101 via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> Still no luck getting getent to retrieve user information. I have uid's and gid's setup for all users I am attempting to query.

But did you give Domain Users a gid? If you don’t do that, winbind  and getent will not find any UNIX users (doesn’t matter if the users have a uid and gid within the range you’ve specified in smb.conf). It’s been a while since I had this problem - my memory is it’s not clearly mentioned in the wiki at all.

Kevin Davidson
Apple Certified System Administrator
Technical Director

t 01506 668674
m 07813 149620
w www.indigospring.co.uk

indigospring (Scotland) Ltd
Registered in Scotland No. SC398572
Registered office: 103 Oldwood Place, Livingston EH54 6US

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/indigospringIT <http://twitter.com/indigospringIT>
Members of the Apple Consultants Network - consultants.apple.com/uk <http://consultants.apple.com/uk>

http://www.indigospring.co.uk/terms-and-conditions