[Samba] Synchronize samba4 base on ldap3.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 8 16:43:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 14:22:20 -0200
josé Roberto via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to know what procedures I can follow to make a server
> with ldap3 able to handle the base of samba4?

Do you mean create a new NT4-style classic domain,if so don't try,
create an AD DC instead, windows is not supporting NT domains any more.

If you mean just storing your users & groups in LDAP, then just use any
howto you can find on the internet, it should work.

If you mean 'how do I create an AD DC using LDAP instead of the ldap
server built into the Samba AD DC', then sorry but you cannot.

Rowland