[Samba] ?==?utf-8?q? unable to upload printer drive

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 7 08:27:35 UTC 2016

Hai,

No adding administrator to /etc/passwd.
Map user administrator to root.

Add in smb.conf:
   username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping

which contains :
!root = SAMBADOM\Administrator SAMBADOM\administrator Administrator administrator

and if your setting up for windows ACL.
Put : acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes to the share.

Now, you also need these SePrivileges.

Enter SAMBADOM\Administrator's password:
BUILTIN\Print Operators
SePrintOperatorPrivilege

SAMBADOM\Domain Admins
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SePrintOperatorPrivilege
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
SeSecurityPrivilege

BUILTIN\Administrators
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SeBackupPrivilege
SeRestorePrivilege
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
SePrintOperatorPrivilege
SeAddUsersPrivilege
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
SeSecurityPrivilege
SeSystemtimePrivilege
SeShutdownPrivilege
SeDebugPrivilege
SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege
SeSystemProfilePrivilege
SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege
SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege
SeLoadDriverPrivilege
SeCreatePagefilePrivilege
SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege
SeUndockPrivilege
SeManageVolumePrivilege
SeImpersonatePrivilege
SeCreateGlobalPrivilege
SeEnableDelegationPrivilege

>> Which brother printer is it ? you didnt tell us that.
>I tryed it with various drivers, e.g. HP Laserjet Enterprise M603 PCL6
Ok, try the universal driver 6.0.0 or 6.2.1 these worked the best for me.
Dont use the tool to modify the drivers, if you do that you loose the signing. For adjustments, get the ADMX and set a group policy.

After the above changes are done, restart the samba server.
Reboot the pc. This is just to make sure you start upclean.

Login as "SAMBADOM\Adminsitrator" on you pc.
Now first set the share rights for the print server.
Second the security rights.
Voor both, reset everything start clean.

And upload the drivers from the windows pc.

If setup correct, above wil work.

Greetz,

Louis