[Samba] SMBtorture Documentation

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Dec 6 21:38:44 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 05:05:17AM -0700, Jisha Joy via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can somebody provide a documentation for "SMBTORTURE" test suite available with Samba.
> I am trying to learn about the individual test options available with smbtorture.
> Detailed information about each test will be of great help.

No, there are no docs for the tests and unless someone external
writes them there won't be. The tests are written around specific
Samba bugs to prevent regressions - they're not meant as a general
purpose testing tool (although many people use them as such).

The best way to discover what a specific test does is to look
at the source code.