[Samba] samba 4.5.1 tdb panic with ZFS

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Tue Dec 6 19:31:39 UTC 2016

On 06/12/2016 16:06, Brian Candler wrote:
> Ah OK... I've just seen Rowland's reply, "Just don't use ZFS". That's
> clear enough :-)

FYI, I rebuilt the system using btrfs but initially I got the same issue
[^1]

It turns out this came from running inside an unprivileged lxd
container. After setting "security.privileged true" it was happy.

So I guess it might have been all right with ZFS, but I'll leave it as
it is now.

Regards,

Brian.

[^1]

You are not root or your system do not support xattr, using tdb backend
for attributes.
not using extended attributes to store ACLs and other metadata. If you
intend to use this provision in production, rerun the script as root on
a system supporting xattrs.
xattr_tdb_removexattr() failed to get vfs_handle->data!
Security context active token stack underflow!
PANIC (pid 32130): Security context active token stack underflow!