[Samba] Cannot map to other client shares

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:27:05 UTC 2016

That is really weird.

I think what is happening is that if you log in immediately you are
using cached credentials.  If you wait a little bit then your network
connections are up and you are truly doing network authentication.  If
you were do unplug from the network, reboot, login with cached
credentials, and then reconnect network cable I would suspect your
access to shares would be OK.

I had been running Samba 3.6.25 on my domain controllers (Solaris.)
oracle provided a badlock patch for this.   All was OK for a while but
after a power outage windows 7 PC's were unable to log in (expect be
disconnecting and using cached credentials.) Rolling out the samba
3.6.25 badlock patch fixed the issue. Currently I am running Samba 4.4.7
on domain controllers and 3.6.25 on file servers and it all seems OK.
I suspect I could have kept 3.6.25 (+ badlock patch) with the right
combination of smb.conf settings

I don't think samba 4.2.10 is a supported version.  Can you upgrade to
4.2.13 ?   Make sure you back up the /etc/samba and /var/samba/locks
directories first.