[Samba] You have not permission to view content of this location

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Dec 4 15:28:14 UTC 2016

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 22:02:34 +0800 (GMT+08:00)
truename via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I consider Rowland is right. But my company still use smbldap tools
> who manage a large size data for many years. My leader order me to
> grasp all about smbldap tools. I would learn samba ad after I resolve
> the problem I mentioned before.

I would go back to your 'leader' and point out that smbldap-tools is
considered dead (its SSL support is old and could be a security risk),
it doesn't seem to have had any real updates for years. If you are
using this with the latest versions of windows (10), then it could
stop working at any time if Microsoft decides it doesn't want to allow
it, they don't support the use of an NT domain with windows 10.

You need to start making plans to migrate to AD (this goes for anybody
out there still using NT4-style domains.

Rowland