[Samba] Choosing a samba version for DC use

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Fri Dec 2 12:12:43 UTC 2016

On 02/12/2016 09:48, Rowland Penny wrote:
> It all depends on what you mean by 'compelling';-)

I was thinking of any important new functionality that I wouldn't want
to be without.  As one example: I read that Samba isn't (or wasn't) able
to replicate SYSVOL automatically: having that implemented would save me
having to rsync SYSVOL around.

Looking at the history page for 4.4.0, it says:

"Active Directory

There were some improvements in the Active Directory area."

... without saying how critical those improvements are.

Regards,

Brian.