[Samba] Choosing a samba version for DC use

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Dec 2 09:57:31 UTC 2016

If you have the choice.

Im having good results with 4.4.5.  ( on debian own rebuild from debian testing)

I didnt like 4.4.6 ( same with 4.5.0 ) due to some bug, which affected some of my services.

Testing 4.5.1 as we speak.

But if your setting up new and clean. Get 4.5.1.

If you on debian, i can open a location to get jessie ready packages (4.5.1)

A rebuild from debian experimental, or get the sources from samba and build yourself.

And if you want to go to ubuntu, its about the same as for debian.

If im setting up new now, im setting up debian 8, but thats because if only run debian,

but with 4.5.1 or up packages.

Greetz,

Louis