[Samba] Files get created as BUILTIN\administrators

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Dec 2 09:53:09 UTC 2016

Hai Dirk,

Your os is?
And this happens on what share?
I'm guessing sysvol, since this is a default sysvol right.

Its also handy to provide a saniticed smb.conf that helps.

And last, what does : getfact testfile_or_folder
show as right?

For example, all my user homedirs show :
drwxrwx---+ 13 root  root 4096 Apr 11  2016 testuser
but the windows acl is used in the background.

So this does not have to be a problem.

Just find where the difference is.
Compair all share security settings on you DC.s correct them.
!!! BE VERY CAREFULL IF THESE SERVERS ARE IN PRODUCTION !!!
Then check all rights on  security ( file/folder )

Greetz,

Louis