[Samba] Files get created as BUILTIN\administrators

Dirk Bonenkamp - ProActive dirk at proactive.nl
Fri Dec 2 09:27:46 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I've got a problem on a Samba Active Directory domain controller. This
is the third controller in our network, and the only one with this
problem. When I try to create a file, it is created with this persmissions:

-rwxrwxr-x+  1 BUILTIN\administrators users          0 dec  2 08:28 test*

On the other machines, it gets created as dirk.users, which is how I
would like it to work.

I am a domain admin. The 'normal' users have no problem.

I'm running samba 4.5.1-9.

Any Ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Dirk