[Samba] member server resolv.conf question

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Thu Dec 1 16:41:56 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-01 10:00, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 09:20:15 -0600
> Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> From: Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
>> To: SAMBA MailList <samba at lists.samba.org>
>> Subject: [Samba] member server resolv.conf question
>> Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 09:20:15 -0600
>> Sender: "samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org>
>>
>> Yesterday I was "tailing" a log file (nmbd, I think) and noticed
>> complaints by my member server that there was another "domain master"
>> at the ipaddress on my DC1.
>>
>> This morning Windows clients are being denied updates to
>> "116.168.192.in-addr-arps/IN" (which I believe is the reverse zone.)
>
> I think there was the word 'browser' after 'domain master' in the log
> you were 'tailing' and this has nothing to do with your update problem.
> The 'domain master browser' is the netbios master.
>
> What is in your other Samba logs and system log on the DC ?
>
> Rowland

I checked the "log.samba" of the first DC and it has entries "Failed to
connect host 192.168.116.50 on port 135 - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED"
This is the address of my other DC.

My other DC "log.samba" shows "samba: setproctitle not initialized,
please either call setproctitle_init() or link against libbsd-ctor."  I
have never seen that before!!!

The /var/log/syslog discusses updates for one of the W10 clients but
doesn't look abnormal.

Your thoughts?

(This reply is about when my email client buggers up, sorry if it does.)