[Samba] Samba on Debian 8; NT4 domain, win10

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Dec 1 14:15:18 UTC 2016

Am 2016-12-01 um 13:19 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

> You should have seen a line like this towards to the end of the upgrade:
>
> Administrator password has been set to password of user
>
> But it is usually the 'root' user password.

Ah, yes, I should have remembered reading that.
Unfortunately it isn't working for me, yet.

in my test VM

I rm-ed /var/lib/samba/private/*

explicitly set passwd for root again

re-ran classicupgrade

ln -sf /var/lib/samba/private/krb5.conf /etc/krb5.conf

and kinit fails for me:

# kinit  Administrator at my.tld
kinit: Cannot find KDC for realm "my.tld" while getting initial credentials

-

krb5.conf only contains:

# cat /etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
	default_realm = MY.TLD
	dns_lookup_realm = false
	dns_lookup_kdc = true

?

I played around and edited it like:

# cat /etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
	default_realm = my.tld
	dns_lookup_realm = false
	dns_lookup_kdc = true

[realms]
my.tld = {
kdc = mypdc
admin_server = mypdc
default_domain = my.tld
kpasswd_server = mypdc
}

[domain_realm]
.my.tld = my.tld
my.tld = my.tld

-

Then I get:

# kinit  Administrator at my.tld
Password for Administrator at my.tld:
kinit: Preauthentication failed while getting initial credentials

same for

# kinit Administrator at MY.TLD

# kinit Administrator