[Samba] cannot access to linux share from windows

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 1 13:37:51 UTC 2016

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 14:08:55 +0100
Fujisan via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I have:
>   A/ 1 F25 freeipa server
>   B/ 1 F25 freeipa client
>   C/ 1 F24 freeipa client
>   D/ 1 windows desktop
>
> I can access linux shares of A from D.
> I can access linux shares of C from D.
> I *cannot* access linux shares of B from D.

So, ignoring 'C', windows can access shares on a 'F25' computer (A),
but cannot access shares on a 'F25' computer (B)

Can I suggest you compare the various conf files on 'A' & 'B'
Can I also point out the 'freeipa' & 'sssd' (which is also probably
involved here) have nothing to do with Samba. You may get better help
from their respective mailing lists.

Rowland