[Samba] Samba on Debian 8; NT4 domain, win10

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Dec 1 11:55:38 UTC 2016

Am 2016-12-01 um 10:34 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> Am 2016-12-01 um 10:05 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>
>> It fails at wins.dat:
>>
>> Importing WINS database
>> ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - Entry name=PRE01SRV,type=0x00 already
>> exists
>
> forget it, fixed by a rerun after rm-ing the generated files.

I made some progress now:

could contact the PDC-VM via smbclient, create and use a user etc

What I don't understand yet, is the kerberos-part, I can't do the
kinit-step. Where does the password for the user administrator come
from, how do I set that to be able to use it? I tried with smbpasswd but
failed.

I only know the kerberos-stuff from joining ADS-member-servers where
there is another PDC providing that.