[Samba] samba_upgradedns seg fault - Samba 4.4.5

Cameron Murdoch cam at macaroon.net
Mon Aug 29 17:10:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm having the following issue when trying to switch from samba_internal to
bind9_dlz. I have been following the procedure here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Changing_the_DNS_backend#Changing_from_Samba_Internal_DNS_to_BIND_DLZ

I get the following:

[root at dc2 ~]# /usr/local/sbin/samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ
Reading domain information
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The system is running Freebsd 11.0-RC2. I have two domain controllers and I
am attempting this on one of them whilst the other is still running.

Filesystem is zfs.

Both DCs are running Samba 4.4.5 and are otherwise running well.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Cameron