[Samba] set UPN / SPN from samba-tool.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 29 14:18:41 UTC 2016

Hai

After my squid group adventure, i have a remaining question here.

The problem was as followed. ( and this probely dont applie to squid kerberos helpers only. )

samba-tool setup for squid i used, was as followed.

samba-tool user create squid1-service --description="Unprivileged user for SQUID1-Proxy Services" --random-password

samba-tool user setexpiry squid1-service –noexpiry

samba-tool spn add HTTP/proxy.internal.domain.tld squid1-service

Now this results in :

My UPN was set to the username at internal.domain.tld  ( as it should ).

My SPN was set to HTTP/proxyserver.internal.domain.tld at REALM ( as is should )

samba-tool spn list squid1-service

squid1-service

User CN=squid1-service,OU=Service-Accounts,OU=XXXX,DC=XXXXX,DC=XXXX,DC=XX has the following servicePrincipalName:

         HTTP/proxy.internal.domain.tld

         HTTP/proxy.internal.domain.tld at YOUR.REALM.TLD

Sofare all ok, but It seems if you use a user as computer account, you must change the UPN.

And in this case i changed the UPN from username at internal.domain.tld  to : HTTP/proxy.internal.domain.tld at YOUR.REALM.TLD

Which was key to get the squid ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl correctly working.

I hope this helps someone for something ;-)

So my suggestions, add an option thats shows and can change the UserPrincipalName from within samba-tool, would be great.

Or did i miss this options somewhere?

Greetz,

Louis