[Samba] Use case to test Clock skew on SAMBA4 (4.4.5)

Biswajit Banerjee biswajit_list at tetrain.com
Sat Aug 27 14:26:14 UTC 2016

Hi Experts ,

I have a situation where I have to demonstrate that if the time
difference between  Samba4 (AD) and Windows Client is more that 5 Min (
as per Kerbrose ) , the user should note be allowed to login via that
windows PC .

When I simulate it I get Clock skew in the logs ( as shown below ) but
the user is allowed to login .

/ Kerberos: Too large time skew, client time 2016-08-27T17:08:26 is out
by 7280 > 300 seconds -- sysinfo$@MYDOMAIN.LOCAL//
// Kerberos: Too large time skew, client time 2016-08-27T17:11:56 is out
by 7280 > 300 seconds -- brijesh.vishwakarma at MYDOMAIN.LOCAL/

Is it the right Use case to demonstrate ? If yes then why is the case
failing .

If No , what can be right use case to demonstrate ?

TIA

Biswajit Banerjee