[Samba] How to include/change compilation and linking flags on per file basis ?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 26 20:39:31 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-08-20 at 08:18 +0530, Arjit Gupta via samba wrote:
> Hi samba team,
>
> I am building samba 4.4.5 on HP-UX 11.31. Samba uses waf(python) tool
> build the compete source code. The tool uses various python scripts
> and
> wscript to configure and build the samba. I want to modify includes
> path/compilation flags for a particular file or modify linking paths
> for
> particular library.
> *How could i do the same ?*

I think it might be best if you ask on samba-technical with specific
detail on what you are trying to do.

The task will involve writing the configure-level logic for the
external library that you are trying to use, and then making the
relevant part of our code depend on that via the deps= on the relevant
subsystem.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett