[Samba] User accounts being blocked

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 26 20:36:31 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-08-19 at 14:39 -0500, James Crouch via samba wrote:
> I am fairly sure Samba will ignore GP password policies, but if you
> set the
> policies with the samba tool command, then it should adhere to it,
> unless
> you are running across the bug I mentioned. You would see multiple
> badPwdCount increases for one bad password in the logs if you are
> experiencing that bug.
> -James Crouch

This describes the situation correctly.

We do wish we could honour the group policy files, but sadly the
patches have not been re-worked to a point where we can include them
(it is not a trivial task, even with the base of work from some GSoC
students).

I am glad to say we finally fixed the double-counting issue with 4.5.

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett