[Samba] samba-tool modifying AD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 26 20:33:02 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-22 at 09:21 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:38:06 +1200
> Andrew Bartlett via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 2016-08-20 at 18:29 -0700, David Bear via samba wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it possible to use the samba-tool to create/update user
> > > accounts
> > > in a
> > > standard windows AD domain ?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >

> Well, yes, you can create new users with samba-tool, but update them,
> that would be a very big NO

Rowland,

What breaks specifically for you?  The tools are expected to manage a
Windows server in the same way as a Samba one, for operations performed
over LDAP.  If there is a difference in the behaviour, we should be
logging a bug and testing for that.

Given your comments presumably you have hit such an issue?

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett