[Samba] Configuration of smb.conf for Active Directory authentication

Kyle Manel Kyle.Manel at inbaytech.com
Fri Aug 26 15:11:25 UTC 2016

I've completed the configuration specified, and the command 'wbinfo -g' provides a list of the groups available and 'wbinfo -u' provides a list of all the users on the system, but I cannot access the shares;  When I navigate a file explorer to \\ip.ad.dre.ss I am presented with a login screen, which I cannot log into with my ID; 'The user name or password is incorrect'

I suspect an issue with my idmap configuration:

[global]
        netbios name = FILESERVER-001
        security = ADS
        workgroup = SUBDOMAIN
        realm = SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM

        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        log level = 1

        idmap config    CORP:   backend =       ad
        idmap config    CORP:   schema_mode =   rfc2307
        idmap config    CORP:   range =         1000-9999999999
        idmap uid =                             50-9999999999
        idmap gid =                             50-9999999999
        winbind nss info =                      rfc2307

       allow dns updates = nonsecure

[public]
        path = /srv/samba/share
        available =                             yes
        read only =                             no
        browsable =                             yes
        public =                                yes
        guest ok =                              yes
        writable =                              yes

Regards,
Kyle