[Samba] Samba 4 Documentation Translation

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri Aug 26 12:13:59 UTC 2016

Hi Igor,

Am 26.08.2016 um 13:23 schrieb Igor & Sandra:
> I am part of a group of studies and learning samba 4.
> The greatest difficulty is the language, many do not know English.
> We set up a team to translate the documentation Samba 4 for our
> language.
> We would like to take the translation into Portuguese and make it
> official.

As said in my previous mail: Our policy is to avoid language-specific
documentation.

For example, during the last days I started updating minor stuff in the
Wiki up to rewriting complete pages. If the translator group won't do
the same for the foreign language documentation, it is quickly outdated
or wrong.

Additionally only people speaking the language, and having the technical
background, can verify if everything is correct. Just a simple example:
Many people use wrong terms like "Samba 4" when they mean "Samba AD",
"PDC" instead of "DC", and so on.

However, all English-language contributions to our official
documentation are appreciated. :-)

Regards,
Marc