[Samba] No logon servers avaialbe

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Aug 25 20:34:26 UTC 2016

We applied latest MS security patches on our Windows 2008 R2 domain
controllers.  That had unexpected consequence of breaking all our Samba
servers.  They no longer can authenticate with our domain controllers.
Looking into this we think it has to do with the BADLOCK security patch.

We tried installing the latest Samba, version 4.4.5 which is supposed to
be patched for the BADLOCK, but it is still unable to authenticate with
AD.  Error on windows is "no logon servers found".

So just checking if anyone else has run into this and found a solution?

smb.conf:

[global]
     workgroup = ENGR_DOM
     server string = Web Server
     security = DOMAIN
     passdb backend = smbpasswd
     map untrusted to domain = Yes
     log level = 1
     log file = /var/log/samba/logs/log.%m
     name resolve order = host bcast
     unix extensions = No
     keepalive = 0
     max open files = 10000
     socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
     load printers = No
     dns proxy = No
     lock spin time = 3
     idmap config * : range =
     idmap config * : backend = tdb
     strict locking = No

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'