[Samba] Samba Wiki change suggestion

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Thu Aug 25 11:08:16 UTC 2016

On the "Bidirectional Rsync/Unison based SysVol replication workaround"
page. The title (as you can see) includes the word UNISON when in fact
the "Unison" program is NOT being used for this replication anymore. As
the instructions there actually use "Osync" then the word "UNISON"
should probably need to be replaced with "OSYNC". (I looked rather
quickly but, I do not see any Unison references in the instructions
anywhere.)

The Unison linux "syncing" program does NOT support Windows based ACL's
and therefore will not replicate the correct file acl attributes between
DC's. The "Unison" people have given little indication that they (the
program) intend to support ACL attributes in the future. For now, we
need to stick with Osync. (Which works very well.)

Only a suggestion of improvement. Thank you.