[Samba] Odp: Upgrade 4.2.14 --> 4.3.11

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 24 07:51:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 08:55:25 +0200
Grzegorz Bieniasz via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thank you for answear, but I put back config to state just after
> provision. It did not help. When I provision domain once again it
> works (but wipes all ldap db). Any clue?
>
> Grzegorz

How did you provision ? I have had a look again at the smb.conf you
posted and I have noticed that a line I expect to see was missing
'idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes'. Did you provision with '--use-rfc2307
--use-xattrs=yes' ?

Your smb.conf should look like this:

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = EXAMPLE
	realm = CORP.EXAMPLE.COM.PL
	dns forwarder = 192.168.132.10
	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/corp.example.com.pl/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	read only = No

[profiles]
	path = /srv/profiles
	read only = No
	vfs objects = btrfs

[public]
	path = /srv/public
	read only = No

[home]
	path = /srv/home
	read only = No
	vfs objects = btrfs full_audit
	full_audit:priority = notice
	full_audit:facility = local5
	full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%m|%S
	full_audit:success = connect read write mkdir rename unlink rmdir open pwrite chmod mknod link readlink chown
	full_audit:failure = connect read write mkdir rename unlink rmdir open pwrite chmod mknod link readlink chown

[printers]
	path = /srv/printers
	read only = No
	printable = Yes

[print$]
	comment = Printer Drivers
	path = /srv/printer_driver
	read only = No

[marketing]
	comment = Marketing
	path = /srv/uslugi/marketing
	read only = No
	vfs objects = btrfs full_audit

[other shares]

I also noticed another error, you posted:

ldbsearch -H ldap://ad.corp.example.com.pl "cb=Administrator" -k yes

It should be:

ldbsearch -H ldap://ad.corp.example.com.pl "cn=Administrator" -k yes

Rowland