[Samba] We need to change our AD domain

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Wed Aug 24 03:40:35 UTC 2016

Hi All,

As a result of a company restructure and name change we need to change
our AD domain. I know that we can't change the AD domain name in Samba
4, so I'm looking at the smoothest way to migrate everything from one
domain to another.

Is there any (properly working) way we can export users, groups and
policies from one domain and import them into another? I've spent a few
months getting everything just the way we want it and would greatly
prefer not to have to start from scratch. Incidentally, I don't care
about the computer accounts, as they will be dealt with by the normal
unjoin/rejoin process.

Any tips, advice or warnings anyone cares to share about this process
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John