[Samba] Configure File System for Shadow Copy

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 18:13:04 UTC 2016

if I understand what you're asking, it's a good idea to keep your data
partitions separate from your boot and application partitions.  this
applies to any server on pretty much any OS, and also applies to /home.

so make a VG for sdb, and in case that guide isn't clear, don't make your
logical volume take 100% of the VG or you won't have room for the shadows,
which are actually LVM snapshots.