[Samba] samba-tool domain provision no such option: --slapd-path

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 22 15:13:19 UTC 2016

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:33:38 +0200
basti via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 22.08.2016 16:07, Marc Muehlfeld via samba wrote:
> > * You can set up a second DC (recommended anyway) to have a
> > failover. Then you don't have to worry if one goes down. By the
> > way, there is no "PDC" in an AD. All are DCs.
>
> i need the users on the linux box in a way like "getent passwd" at the
> moment on my samba4 there is no user how is part of ad there

I take it you mean that when 'getent passwd auser' is run on the DC, it
doesn't produce any output and there isn't anything on the DC wiki page
to tell me how to get it work.

Go and have another read of the DC wiki page:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller

The information was always there, there just wasn't anything linking
the DC page to it.

> > * You can write a script that exports stuff from AD and pushes it to
> > your openLDAP on your mailserver.
>
> how can i get data from samba/ldap

How are you getting the info from your original ldap server?
You can get the data in pretty much the same way.

Rowland