[Samba] Samba4 ADDC /w Windows SC login

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 22 01:49:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-08-17 at 08:27 -0700, Restemayer via samba wrote:
> I'm setting up a small dental office with smartcard authentication
> for their
> computers for convenience, security, and meet HIPAA requirements for
> tracking logins.  I'm using a samba Active Directory setup because at
> this
> point, spending $1000 on a copy of the latest Windows Server isn't an
> option.  I'm am currently on my 4th attempt at it.  Previously, I was
> compiling it from source on Ubuntu, but for this next attempt I'm
> going with
> a Univention VMware image instead to hopefully make it go a little
> faster.
>

>  I am completely out of ideas here.
>
> Any thoughts?

Samba 4.5 may help, as metze (CC'ed) did a pile of work on smart card
logins for this release.

Smart card login is a fairly unusual use of the AD DC, but while few
folks use it, it is expected to work.

Are you sure the certificates and keys are correctly set in the
krb5.conf?

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--